Passion RP Community & Rules
Hello, welcome to Passion RP. This is all the information in regards to rules, regulations and guidelines for our server so please make sure to read carefully.
To begin, FiveM is a social game where any interactions you make can impact the world and players around you.
As a new role-play server we require each player to stay true to their character.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help your role-play experience:
- Roleplay is essentially IMPROV. This means to think quickly on your feet and adapt to any situation you are put in.
- Be open to other players roleplay.
- There are no mistakes. Whatever you do or say should be in character at all times, this helps to direct the stories forward.
- Roleplay is not about winning or losing. In order for roleplay to work, you need to be willing to give and take Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Focus on making sure that not only you’re enjoying yourself but all the other parties involved are too. Just remember that people you are interacting with are REAL people too.
- Never interrupt if something is going on and you see all parties are engaged in the RP. Do not force yourself into the scene if your character would not normally do so themselves. (remember to stick to your characters traits).
- Advertisements (Ads) are not anonymous tweets. OOC and Local OOC is not to be used unless specifically for technically support for new players finding their way or to reach a compromise in a roleplay situation. Using any of these functions incorrectly will lead to removal from Passion RP. We will not accept any toxic behaviour used in the chat.
You are expected to follow all these rules. If you are caught breaking any of these rules you will be subject to punishment.
- Using any racist, homophobic, derogatory or overly sexual remarks in or out of character will be punished.
- Sending someone angry or offensive out of character messages because of an in-character subject or event.
- Stroll up to another player and start insulting them in character with the sole intention of escalating a situation to fight.
- Shoot or punch a random player to death with no justified reason.
- Use a vehicle to plow through a group of people with no justified reason.
- Track down the player(s) responsible for your characters death (you have lost your memory of the situation).
- Utilize your gang affiliation or motives as a means to enact revenge on the individual(s) that killed your character.
- Have one of your friends or associates track down your killer(s) and take revenge on them.
- Shoot someone without saying a word.
- Commit crimes with more than the maximum number of people for a store or bank robbery. Maximum for a store robbery = 3 people. Maximum for a bank robbery = 5. (unless a predetermined event was discussed with an administrator).
- Roleplay having a weapon or item on you that you do not actually have (script wise).
- Use any third party software or hardware (this will result in an immediate ban).
- Roleplaying that a tweet did not come from you. If it is from your account, then it is from you. (remember that IP’s are easily traced). There is no such things as DM’s on Twitter unless we implement that in.
- Roleplay that you hid an item or weapon somewhere when it is on your character (if it is on you, then it is on you).
- Roleplay that you’ve hid an item or weapon somewhere that it wouldn’t fit. For example, a shot gun in a plant pot.
- Combat store your vehicle if you’re in the middle of a police chase.
- Retreat to a Green Zone in order to gain an advantage (e.g. Police Station and Hospital). In doing so, players are permitted to continue the roleplay. If reported, you will receive an infraction or possibly a ban.
- Use 3rd POV to gain an advantage. If you cannot see them in 1st POV then you have not seen them. (this also includes ID’s, if you see someone ID in a bush, you have not seen them).
- Force a player to withdraw any items or cash from their stashes (houses, gangstashes, etc.) or banks. You will never know how much money they have in the bank. (this also includes bank transfers).
- Use out of character communication (in any form) to summon a friend to assist you to elude the police or an attacker.
- Give special attention to an organization leader in attempt to join their organization unless you know of their status (in character).
- Chase someone in a vehicle to take them hostage solely based on the fact that you know they are a human player.
- Use any out of character communication (Teamspeak and Discord) whilst in a RP scenario.
- Use script knowledge as a cop to pre-empt any drug locations or jewellery heists.
- Use any information from someones stream that is playing in the same server as you.
- Perform offensive roleplay without first obtaining the consent of all parties involved (use Local OOC or ask over Discord, Teamspeak, Skype etc beforehand).
- Continue offensive roleplay if the other party has not given consent.
- Perform any sexual roleplay or roleplay containing sexual innuendos in a public place.
- Mention or bring into roleplay any sort of major infectious diseases such as HIV or AIDS.
- Do not make fun or portray through roleplay any actual real world physical or mental disabilities.
Acknowledging out of character chat
- Avoid out of character communication with an administrator.
- Avoid answering a player who asks why you killed them
- Spam someone in order to avoid roleplaying with them simply because it doesn’t fit your characters agenda.
- Use OOC for roleplay related chat. There are chat features e.g. Twitter, Advertisements, etc for these purposes.
Committing crimes in unrealistic areas
- Rob, kill or kidnap anyone standing in front or inside a Garage.
- Rob, kill or kidnap anyone at a Hospital.
- Rob, kill or kidnap anyone at a Police Department.
- Rob, kill or kidnap anyone in a Clothing store
- Commit any crimes in Mechanic areas.
- Commit the same crime multiple times in the same area within 20 minutes of each other.
Staff Instructions & Rulings.
- Spam the person dealing with your case via forums, discord or teamspeak.
- Ask about what punishment the person will receive (this information will be kept behind closed doors).
- Disrespect any staff members dealing with your case. In doing so, we will just terminate the case and you will be the person to receive an infraction.
- Impersonate staff.
Unacceptable Character Names
- Create a character named (example; “Will Smith”) and pretend that you just finished filming Bad Boys 3.
- Use names like “DragonSlayer69”. This is not Runescape / World of Warcraft.
- Abuse a bug that allows you to gain an advantage over other players (e.g. a way to double or multiply drugs, money).
Interactions between your characters
- Log into both of your characters on two different computers and transfer a vehicle, house, apartment, money or any assets. In doing so your characters will be wiped and a possible ban.
- Ask to unbanned because someone has hacked or a sibling / friend has trolled on your account.
Circumventing a Ban
- Utilize a different account to access the platform(s) (e.g. Teamspeak, Discord, FiveM server) which you are banned from.
- Change your IP to circumvent a ban on any platform.
Suicide & Combat Logging to avoid Roleplay
- Combat log to avoid a roleplay situation.
Selling IC (in character) Items OOC
- Trade any in character assets for any type of out of character item(s).
Abuse of Reports or Assistance
- Make spam by continuously reporting. One report is enough.
- Ask non-relative questions.
- Kidnap or transport EMS.
- Kill or harm EMS.
- Impersonate EMS or Police.
- Steal EMS or PD vehicles.
- Use friends as hostages.
- GTA drive. Any forms of GTA driving is not permitted.
- Take police hostage.
- Rob police.
- Start shooting as soon as you’re revived. You have been shot, you are seriously injured so you must remove yourself from the active situation and get treatment.
- Roleplay disabilities - we do not want to cause offence to those with ‘in real life’ disabilities.
- Play music through your mic when it doesn’t make sense to do so.
- Shout down the mic.
- Role-playing or creating a character under the age of 18.
Failure to Roleplay
- Continuously talk in OOC while another play is trying to role-play with you. However, you are permitted to use Local OOC if you’re new to the server and require assistance with controls, etc.
- Call Police for the sole purpose of kidnapping them.
- Use an immersion breaking pitch when using a voice changer. Voice changers are permitted as long as it’s realistic. We don’t want silly robot voices, keep it real.
- Shoot someone because you do not want to die.
New Life Rule
- Go back to the scene or scenario that you have been picked up from by EMS.
- Provoke, harm or kill the same character you’ve just attempted to kill
- Continue the roleplay situation after life support.
Lying to a Staff member
- Lie in a report or ticket regarding your vehicle, assets, weapons ammo, drugs, or any other item that you can obtain within the game. This is all logged, and if caught you will be severely punished.
- Attempt to mislead a staff member by creating a fallacy simply to gain an advantage or abuse OOC mediums such as vehicle teleports or asset refunds.
- Falsify videos, screenshots, recordings or any other piece of evidence in refund requests, player complaints, staff complaints or any other OOC reporting method. This will lead to you being permanently banned.
Away From Keyboard (AFK)
- AFK on the server for any longer than 10 minutes (you will be automatically kicked).
- Abuse the pay-checks to farm money.
- Use any of the vehicles listed above. If you see any of these vehicles about, please contact a staff member. We may reward you!
- Police / EMS baiting (Fail RP)
- Call police for any scenario where you would not require their assistance
- Attempt to deliberately get a car chase for no reason (e.g. doing donuts in a vehicle in the middle of the road).
- Call the Police or EMS and bait them into a scenario where you or any other characters are able to then rob, kidnap or kill them.
- Value of Life
The value of your own life and other individuals applies. This rule allows realistic environments for all citizens and consequences for those who don’t wish to participate in said environment. When in a shoot-out, if you are shot down due to not valuing your own life, then you have no recourse against that person in or out of character. If you require further explanation on this rule, please visit the in-depth rules.
- Pull out a weapon and kill someone if they clearly have the advantage (e.g. Knife vs Pistol). This also depends on whether you have your knife out already and how close you are. If you don’t have it out and pull it out whilst a gun is pointed at you, then you would be considered in the wrong and possibly punished for Fail RP.
- Gunplay over Roleplay (Fail RP)
Whenever you are interacting with another player and a situation escalates, try to always keep in mind to avoid gunplay. Not every situation has to result in violence or gun fights. Ask yourself the question;
If I take my gun out right now, will it escalate the situation for no reason?
Do I need to fire my gun in this situation or can it be resolved another way without involving weapons?
- Breaking Character
- Try and blame a glitch or bug for something that did not occur in game. Go with it and turn it into a roleplay situation and make it work.
- Talk about things ‘in my head’ unless absolutely needed (Local OOC is there for a reason to allow you to inform people about something).
- Talk in an OOC manner whilst in EMS or Police radio channels.
- Talk about admins, reporting or anything else that wouldn’t make sense in character.
- Reference someone's other character deliberately.
- Go on duty as a mechanic just to repair your own car for free
- Use your job to get a free vehicle for robberies, etc. It is for your job only, use it to create roleplay scenarios.
- Use your job to kidnap or rob people repeatedly.
- Play a character that has two jobs. You are only allowed to have one job at a time per character.
- Enjoy your time on Passion RP!
We hope you enjoy your time on Passion RP. Please do not hesitate to give us any advice or server suggestions you would like to see added in the future.
PassionRP Management Team